I hated to violate my own cardinal rule on email and blog entries, but I won’t do that here. Some of you may not yet have finished reading the last one. Apologies.
Signs I may have had more brain damage than I thought. Forgot I became a Christian in ’79, not ’87. I forgot that I could walk out of the house and continue talking on my cell phone (Should have listened to Andy and had one installed when they had my head opened!). Thought Kelly’s name started with a ‘C’. Didn’t remember we lived in a blue house for 7 years.
I dreaded to the point of being nauseous, meeting with my Radiologist, Dr. McGee, but the meeting was very encouraging to me. Up to that point we knew almost nothing about the details of the surgery. Here are the encouraging results:
– They got all the tumor – not just all they wanted, but all of it and the MRI showed no residual mass
– In many cases where the treatment goes well, getting all of the tumor mass can be a good sign
– The tumor had not extended outside the occipital lobe
– University of CA San Francisco (UCSF) treats nearly 10% of brain tumors in the US and it sounds like we will be able to get them to review the pathology and to minimally confirm the treatment plan.
– Trilogy radiation machines from GE were developed years ago at UCSF. We not only have one of those machines here in Peoria, but GE specialists come here to learn from Dr. McGee about how he has used their machine beyond what was originally envisioned. All these years in high tech and I now why God had me stay put in Peoria, even with all the teasing from many of you! 🙂
– I start radiology treatment prep tomorrow.
Please pray additionally that:
– The MRI I have tomorrow STILL shows no signs of cancer!
– UCSF agrees to help me and that the relationships between here and there make that happen quickly
– We meet with the Oncologist sooner than the current plan, which is Friday 1/25 – I’m praying for this Friday instead
I forgot to mention the other day that my friend Mike is the best contact if you have information you think we should be considering. He is already working with my friends Todd, Andy, Tamara, Kevin and Steve. I don’t want to leave any stone unturned, within reason. Let Eileen know if you want Mike’s email address.
Walked 30 minutes with Megan at the mall today and it wore me out. I wish I could blame that all on the surgery. I’m not sleeping great, but last night was much better. Being the cheapskate I am I still haven’t bought my 17″ laptop to help with email/blogging, but that will happen this week.
I meant to include the link to the prayer vigil Megan set up the other day. Here it is: http://www.centraldesktop.com/imaqti6/prayfordon. As many of you have already said, you don’t need to sign up to pray, so please don’t feel compelled in any way to do so. I wept when I saw the names on it, though.
You guys have blown me/us away with your notes and I’m sick and tired of crying, so stop it! 🙂 Just kidding. It has provided unspeakable encouragement. God is using you to answer some of your own prayers. He is so smart 🙂 If you haven’t heard from me, just give me time. I promise you will, but feel free to call anytime.
If you sent a prayer request I’m praying for it. Love to all of you,
“Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16