This is for all of you who have said you don’t have 30 minutes to read my updates 🙂 Short and sweet. Sorry, no pictures either.
For the first day since I began this journey I’ve had constant pain. Unfortunately not even pain pills have helped, but the day isn’t over, which is why I’m writing to ask you to pray.
We are enjoying spring break, though I believe it is just the kids who are “breaking”. Eileen is working as hard as usual, but she does enjoy sleeping in.
I walked from 10-11 and the pain, now that I think of it, was not bad during that hour. If I had energy I should probably just try to walk all day, but I’m extremely weak, so that’s not much of an option. We went bowling late morning, but I sat out. Fortunately Joe was saving his energy for a baseball game this afternoon so he and I played cribbage. I won twice, the second game an amazing come from behind victory where it looked like I was sure to get skunked and was down by 35! I wish I could have enjoyed it more.
I was so weak I went to the van to lay down and when we got home I went to bed and rested until 6:15.
I’ve decided that leaving on Saturday makes the most sense. I need to preserve my energy. It’s hard to imagine sitting through three hour meetings two days in a row, but God is BIG and I know you are praying.
Here is an updated list of requests:
– Pain free MRI on Friday that shows NO signs of any cancer
– No headaches and more energy
– Safety and peace for all three of our families while we are away
– That I can book three hotel rooms for Saturday night (I’m hoping Louisville)
– Safe and fun travel to and from Duke
– An aggressive treatment plan that provides maximum quality of life and most of the treatment to be delivered in Peoria
– UnitedHealthcare to grant in-network exceptions for all medical service, including Duke
Whether you get this directly from me or as a result of several people forwarding it to you, thank you for praying. You are making a huge difference in both my life and my family’s.
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
“It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.” (1 Corinthians 1:30)
I need a miracle, God specializes in them, pray BIG!